Becoming a Student
The College year starts in September and we welcome applications all year round.
ESPA College considers all applications individually and we are able to offer full-time and part-time places using a range of funding sources alongside partnership placements and local GFE’s.
We actively welcome all applications in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy and Equality and Diversity Schemes.
The application process
- ESPA College accepts referrals from Connexions, Social Services, other relevant social authority contacts, health professionals and parents.
- We gather reports and information from relevant sources such as the prospective student, their family, school and other professionals involved. For families or primary carers this involves the mandatory completion of our Pre-Assessment Questionnaire.
- This information is reviewed by the Admissions Team and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team as necessary to identify the most appropriate educational site.
- Prospective applicants are invited to attend an assessment visit.
- If a suitable educational programme can be offered, all written reports and documents are sent to the individual’s Connexions Adviser or Local Authority contact.
- When written confirmation of funding is received then ESPA College will confirm the place and a start date is given.
- The student will be sent a ’Welcome Pack’ from the college which will contain all essential information.
If you or someone you know wants further information on what ESPA College can offer or on how to apply you can make an enquiry through our Admissions Department:
- By telephone: 0191 5102600 or 0191 5165080
- By following the Contact Us link where you provide us with the details of your enquiry and we will get back to you
- By e-mail: email@example.com