Senior Support Worker – Annitsford
Salary: £18,564 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full time
Annitsford Drive, Fordley Newcastle provides Independent Supported Living Services to people on the autism spectrum with complex needs.
ESPA are looking to recruit a full-time Senior Support Worker who has knowledge and experience of working with adults with autism. You must have a mature and compassionate attitude towards working with people who challenge services. Knowledge and experience of positive behavioural approaches is essential as is the ability to model best practice in dealing with challenging behaviour.
- You will have a defined role within the team and support the Team Leader.
- You must be able to work as part of a team and within protocols and guidelines which are known to be effective for each person.
- You must have a high level of commitment and flexibility towards service delivery and be able to contribute to all aspects of the service.
- You must be able to deputise for the Team Leader in their absence.
- It is important that you possess good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You must have experience of administering medication following agreed systems.
- You must have a level of fitness that enables participation in activities as part of the person’s programme.
- Although not essential we are keen to recruit drivers.
- You will be flexible to suit the individual needs of the person and service.
All applicants must be over 21 years of age.
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
Company Pension Scheme
Meals provided on shift
Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: 27th August 2019