Senior Support Worker – Portland Avenue
Salary: £19,000 per year
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Portland Avenue, Seaham offers long term residential care, supporting 4 people with autism.
ESPA are looking to recruit a full-time Senior Support Worker who has knowledge and experience of working with adults with autism. You must have a mature and compassionate attitude towards working with people. Knowledge and experience of positive behavioural approaches is essential.
The following skills, experience and qualities would be considered essential in all candidates.
- Demonstrate a positive and encouraging attitude and commitment to supporting individuals with Autism.
- Value teamwork and be able to work with colleagues at all levels in an open, cohesive and inclusive way.
- Ability and confidence to motivate and manage staff including conducting supervisions, appraisals & confliction resolution.
- Have good organisational skills to effectively work in a fast paced environment. IT Literate. Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible when considering shift patterns which will include evenings and weekends.
- Competence in applying the Medication Policy and supporting staff to use this in a service specific way.
- We would require the successful applicant to participate in the senior on call system.It would be essential for anyone taking up this position that they are willing to broaden their knowledge in relation to the following:
- The CQC and other relevant legislation ie DoL, safeguarding, including how they influence the quality of life for people using our service
- Health and Safety including risk assessments, mobility equipment, People Handling etc.
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) guidelines
- Ability to create & develop relevant documentation
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
Company Pension Scheme
Meals provided on shift
Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
For an application form, contact Danielle Lavery on 0191 5165080 or email@example.com
Closing for completed applications – 13th September 2019