ESPA College – Support Assistant (Social & Leisure Programme)
Salary: £14,430 (under 25's) or £15,308
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Ashbrooke, Sunderland
Hours: Full/Part Time
Full/Part time to be considered
Based in Tasker – Sunderland
This is an exciting new opportunity to work as part of a small team of 3 to support a complex and sometimes challenging ESPA College leaver. You would be helping to support and develop a bespoke social and leisure programme, with an allocated vehicle based from Tasker. Working with an experienced ESPA team, the candidates will help to develop a weekly programme of activities that meets the specific needs and interests of the young man while providing sufficient stretch and realistic challenge to support a transition into adulthood. The ideal candidate will have had experience of supporting people with Autism, additional needs and challenging behaviour .
The programme would follow the College academic year of 38 weeks, Monday to Friday, including holidays for Christmas, Easter and a summer shutdown – Timings within each day are to be confirmed but are expected to match the current College timetable.
- Assisting in creating a positive and safe environment where the individual can develop independence and social skills.
- Ensuring that the individuals’ specific support needs are met.
- Working as part of a team to generate individualised goals, then recording and tracking progress.
- Collaborating with others to ensure that the individuals’ behaviour plans and other associated paperwork are accurate and up to date.
- Acting as a positive role model
- Developing a varied programme of activities that facilitates growth and transition into adulthood.
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
- 6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Meals provided on shift
- Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
- Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
- Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
If you wish to be considered for this position please contact Jemma Scott, HR Advisor on 0191 5165080 to request an application form.
If you wish to discuss the position further please contact Patrick Cahill on 0191 5165080.