ESPA College (South Hill) – Tutor
Contract Type: permanent
ESPA College South Hill caters for young people with an Autism Spectrum Condition between the ages of 16-25. The young people attending ESPA College South Hill usually follow courses between pre-entry level to level 1.
ESPA College South Hill are developing a range of exciting vocational opportunities and specialist traineeships. The ideal candidate will have had experience of working with people with ASD and additional needs in education.
The successful candidate will possess or be working towards a teaching qualification and may also hold a degree in a relevant subject. A Literacy and Numeracy qualification NVQ L2 or GCSE is also essential.
You will teach a range of autism specific topics including Employability, Emotional Literacy, and Independent Living Skills to learners with an autism spectrum condition. We also welcome applicants with a Literacy or Numeracy specialism. A full, clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles would be desirable.
The environment at ESPA College South Hill can be physically challenging at times therefore applicants would need to consider their fitness and suitability to the position.
- Developing and delivering an accredited curriculum to learners of 16+ on the Autistic Spectrum. Including preparation of high quality session plans and Schemes of Learning.
- Working with Learning Support Assistants in and outside of the classroom to deliver outstanding sessions.
- Assisting in creating a positive and safe College environment in which students can achieve their academic and personal targets.
- Ensuring that the individual support needs of each student are met and working as part of a team to generate individualised goals from baseline assessment and then recording and tracking progress.
- Thorough use of the risk assessment process to ensure all activities have been properly considered and planned for.
- Overseeing and collaborating with others to ensure that student’s individual learning plans and other associated paperwork are accurate and up to date.
- Feeding into the review process and transition planning of students.
- Acting as a positive role model for the student group.If you wish to discuss the position further please contact Martin Bishop on 0191 567 3523
- If you wish to be considered for this position, please contact Jemma Scott on 0191 5165080 for an application form.