ESPA College (South Hill) – Learning Support Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent
This is an exciting new opportunity for an individual to support people with autism in an educational setting. Working with an experienced ESPA team the candidate will help to shape the future of young people with autism. The ideal candidate will have had experience of supporting people with ASD and additional needs in education.
There is some flexibility in the hours of the part time posts however there is a requirement for candidates to work over the lunch time period.
- Working with Tutors in and outside of the classroom to facilitate the delivery of outstanding sessions.
- Supporting students in a General Further Education Setting and work environments to improve skills and achieve their goals for independent life.
- Assisting in creating a positive and safe College environment in which students can achieve their academic and personal targets.
- Ensuring that the individual support needs of each student are met.
- Working as part of a team to generate individualised goals from baseline assessment and then recording and tracking progress.
- Collaborating with others to ensure that student’s individual learning plans and other associated paperwork are accurate and up to date.
- Acting as a positive role model for the student group.
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
- 6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Meals provided on shift
- Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
- Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
- Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
- £7.85p.h (under 25s £7.40p.h).
If you wish to be considered for this position please contact Jemma Scott, HR Advisor on 0191 5165080 to request an application form.
If you wish to discuss the position further please contact Martin Bishop on 0191 567 3523.