ESPA College – Numeracy Tutor
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Sunderland & Middlesbrough
Hours: Full/Part Time
Sunderland & Middlesbrough
ESPA College caters for young people with an Autism Spectrum Condition between the ages of 16-25. The young people attending ESPA College usually follow courses from pre-entry level to level 2. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible individual to work in teams at Middlesbrough (Myplace) and Sunderland (Tasker and South Hill).
Full/part time applications will be considered.
Candidates should have had experience of working with people with autism and additional needs in education.
The successful candidate would require a PGCE/Cert Ed or equivalent Level 5 teaching qualification. The ideal candidate would also have or be working towards a Level 4 Numeracy subject specialism.
The role includes:
- Planning and conducting initial and diagnostic assessments at the start of the academic year
- Writing a numeracy baseline assessment record for each learner at the start of the academic year
- Designing engaging learning programmes to meet the individual needs of our learners
- Differentiating learning materials and activities to meet learners’ needs
- Utilising a range of teaching methods to engage learners
- Conducting formative and summative assessments
- Supporting the planning and coordination of Functional Skills exams
- Gathering evidence for accredited and RARPA portfolios
- Setting and reviewing individual numeracy targets for each learner
- Writing subjects reports for each student throughout the academic year
- Recording achievements on a daily basis
- Working with learners from pre-entry level up to level 2
- Working with some learners who can present challenging behaviour
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
Company Pension Scheme
Meals provided on shift
Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
Excellent Career Progression
Family Friendly Policies
For an application form please contact Jemma Scott, HR Advisor on 0191 5165080 firstname.lastname@example.org