Salary: £9.52 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full time
North Rye in Newcastle is part of ESPA College and supports approximately 25 young people with an autism spectrum condition.
We want to recruit a cook to join our lively and friendly team who will share our passion about making a real difference to individual’s lives. You will be required to provide a healthy balanced diet for all service users and staff. Total lunch covers can vary each day but is usually around 30.
You should be experienced in preparing meals and sandwiches using fresh produce, be adept at menu planning and be able to manage all catering orders within an agreed budget. You will need to be friendly, flexible and willing to be actively involved with service users.
You must hold 706/1 and 706/2 catering certificates, or be willing to work towards an equivalent. An advanced food hygiene certificate would also be advantageous.
We are looking for people who share our values and attitudes and can work as part of a team.
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
- 6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 7 weeks
- Company Pension Scheme/Life Assurance
- Meals provided on shift
- Enhanced DBS check paid for by ESPA
- Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
- Intensive Induction with continuous training and development
- Access to an amazing range of discounts online and on the high street
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
Position will require an Enhanced Disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For an application form please contact Danielle Lavery on 0191 5165080 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org