Assistant Manager – Lawreth
Salary: £22,000 per year
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
An Assistant Manager post has arisen at one of our services in Seaham. Lawreth is a residential service accommodating 2 individuals with very complex needs and both have Epilepsy. One service-user has a physical disability and is a wheelchair user. Successful candidate will need to be trained in (people handling skills for the use of the hoist, Carendo shower chair & electric adjustable bed) Catheterisation within Intermit care guidelines and Rescue medication training (Buccolam) midazolam.
Person centred care and support plans, Autism trees and Spectrum stars are areas of considerable focus for service users, their families and care managers. The staff team need to be passionate, experienced and committed to supporting individuals to move forward in their lives.
A demonstrated knowledge of ASC and co-morbid presentation and a proven capacity to support; develop and challenge staff to achieve service goals are important attributes to the successful candidate. Staff will need to be physically fit for walking, be trained in using an electric power chair and be able to organise day trips for the service users and promote Independence and guidance within the staff team. The appointed person should have a willingness to learn new skills and be able to demonstrate an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude to service delivery. The successful person should possess:
- A sound knowledge of ASC and co-morbid presentation.
- Enthusiasm and commitment towards positive approaches in autism.
- Knowledge of policies in relation to social care and an understanding of external agencies policy and guidelines, such as BILD, DoH and CQC, MCA & DoLs.
- A willingness and drive to achieve the maximum potential for both staff and service users.
- Qualifications relevant and necessary to the post: NVQ/Diploma Level 3 with the willingness to work towards NVQ/Diploma 4 should this be deemed necessary.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
- Ability to motivate and manage a staff team, adhering to supervision and appraisal procedures and assisting with the monthly rota.
- Demonstrable achievements in the practice of health, challenging behaviour and complex autism and mental health.
ESPA offers all staff an excellent employment package which includes:
6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
Company Pension Scheme
Meals provided on shift
Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
Intensive 3 week Induction with continuous training and development
Excellent Career Progression
- Family Friendly Policies
This role is subject to an enhanced criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information about the post please contact Neil Stavers on 0191 5130111 or for an application form, please contact Danielle Lavery on 0191 516 5080 or email: email@example.com
Closing Date for completed applications: Friday 13th September, 2019